Monday, April 12, 2010

Is everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin!

Turkey season is now on us and the thunderchickens haven't looked better! Turkeys are in every field I see. Mainly strutting but I have seen a few walking about. I was worried that the 2010 season was going to be a slow one but the stage is set. I am hearing birds late in the afternoon at the roost. I can't wait until Saturday because if I can put one to bed I have increased my chances of giving a turkey a ride in my bed. I must remind myself of that beautiful morning while turkey hunting I was working my way toward the roosted bird. I had him gobbling to where I could almost pick him out at the precise tree. Instead he saw me first and flew off into that lovely morning. I should have known better but I got gready. So everytime I am setting up on a long beard I give the turkey its space. Trying to set up close can be sickening if seen and there is no quick getting over it. I try to learn from my mistakes so hopefully I will stay in check. I am pumped and I hope "everybody is in, the ceremony is about to begin" here in Southern Kentucky. Lets get it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment